CUSTOM CAD CAM
Euclid Labs provides to machine manufacturers a wide experience in developing custom CAD CAM.
Software starts form a 2D drawing (typically a DXF) or a 3D (for example an STL) and, in a fully automatic way or with an interactive procedure, generates programs for different numerical controls.
Purposes of cam and offline software are always:
- to have an easy and reliable way to program the machine
- to obtain an optimized (for timing and accuracy) machine program
- to have a tool to study in advance what can be realized by the machine and how it can be done
On the other side, to provide users the best experience a lot of things are evaluated, for example:
- should the software be integrated with CAD CAM, where drawings are edited or products are designed, or should it be inserted in specific files from other environments?
- is the software running directly on the machine or on a tech PC?
- who is going to use the software? how many different levels of access should be provided?
- what is the most meaningful representation the software can give to users? A lot of options are available (one or more 3D or 2D view, a play of full process, etc.)
Euclid Labs CAM software is applied e.g., for lens edging machines, coil punching machines, robotized unloading and sorting parts cut from lasers, marble polishing systems, leather waterject cutting, automatic inspections of 3D parts, panel bending systems.
Each product is based on our long experience in automatic programming and developed in collaboration with our customers to integrate as much process knowledge as possible.
Several optimization algorithms are implemented in Euclid Labs offline programming system to minimize robot path and time cycle, to nest parts, to save storage room, to give flexibility to production flow.
Each software can be designed to work from an office PC or directly on the machine.
Very advanced graphical user interfaces are developed in Unity 5 and tested to be ergonomically used with a touch screen.